Friday, June 24, 2011

The suicide theorem: corollary no. 1

Well anyone who knows me knows about our (my) suicidal frog theorem. So, it took a while but I've come up with a corollary to it, well not so much came up with it as witnessed it.

This was a while back, but Musti and I were driving to... well, someplace... It had rained some time back and as usual the frogs were out on the roads putting their lives on the line for love and humanity and peace y'know. We're not proud of it, but we killed some... I mean, it was suicide on their part, so don't look at me that way alright. Anyway, there was a dry patch and then (i forgot to mention it was night time, so our headlights were on) we turned onto a wider road. We saw this crazy-big frog on the far edge of the road. Our headlights barely caught a glimpse of it, it was a little far away. It saw us coming... I can't explain it, but I saw it in its eyes... I saw it; the will to take its own little hoppity life! I kept driving, who was I to deny that frog its God given right to Kamikaze glory.

The course was set, collision was inevitable. It all happened in a fraction of a second; i saw it take the supposed second-last jump, the next jump was going to be its last. When driving, one can never see the last jump, only the sound of it remains, lingers... until the next suicide atleast. Anyway, I saw it take the second last jump, then no sound. Mustafa was baffled, I was simply nonplussed. No squish... none at all!

I got out of the car to inspect and I saw it. This daddu, just sitting there in the middle of the road, inches before its death, just sitting... or so i thought. I saw its eyes, they were cold as ice. I saw it in its eyes. It was like- "Fuck that shit! imma just stop...! stop the madness...! stop the killin'...! just STOP!". Just like that, it saved itself from the asphalt of its doom.

The corollary simply states that sometimes, under inexplicable circumstances, a frog will go against its nature and refuse to take its own life. Now that, is rad!

1 comment:

SR said...

i think i'll find another way
there's so much more to know
i guess i'll die another day
it's not my time to go
d-dieee another dayyyy
dieee another dayyy

haha i can so totally imagine the daddu going Madonna on you guys =D